Our Advanced FCE Course is designed for professionals who have experience performing FCEs and are interested in the latest evidence-based research. This training course goes above and beyond a traditional FCE course by discussing upcoming APTA/AOTA FCE best practice guidelines, legal precedent concerning FCEs, and important government legislation to help you vault yourself into an expert in FCEs. Learning outcomes include:
- Identify and select the most accepted FCE testing methodologies within literature
- Describe and compare the pros and cons of using a kinesiophysical approach, a psychophysical approach, or a combination of both approaches
- Compose and document advanced FCE testing methods to make sure your specific test is valid, reliable, and evidence-based
- Summarize and interpret the implication of the Daubert Standard/Frye Standard and how to exceed these standards within your practice
- Prepare objective documentation techniques that take your FCE tests to the highest of documentation standards
- Compare and analyze the latest performance techniques from FCE industry leaders
- Evaluate and consider in-house testing methodologies and commercially-based FCE testing methodologies to determine which have the most/least peer reviewed and published, reliable, and valid research
- Apply to become a Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator by obtaining a CFCE Certification
We are an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Approved provider status demonstrates our commitment to meeting established AOTA criteria and guidelines for the development and delivery of quality education activities. Organizations that are AOTA Approved Providers have demonstrated a strong commitment in meeting the needs of occupational therapists and assistants in regards to ongoing learning and professional development.
We are recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer training courses to certified athletic trainers. Every course we offer is approved for continuing education units (CEUs) as defined by the BOC for certified athletic trainers. Our BOC approved provider number is P3880.
For your convenience, we have obtained physical therapy approval in many of the 50 states. If your state does not have approval at the time of your course purchase, we will get approval in your state for your chosen course. Please contact us for a full and current list of approved states!