Our Industrial Ergonomic Course is designed for professionals who are interested in implementing or expanding their knowledge in on-site injury prevention and total body (lower back and upper extremity) and industrial ergonomics. A significant portion of this class is hands-on testing using the NIOSH, OSHA, WISHA, RULA, REBA, ACGIH-TLVs, and other evaluation tools. The training course discusses evidence-based evaluations and consulting protocols based on current OSHA standards, NIOSH guidelines, and published clinical literature. Learning outcomes include:
- Select and describe current ergonomic evaluation tools and protocols
- Differentiate risk factors associated with upper extremity and low back ergonomic injuries
- Choose and apply internationally recognized upper extremity and low back ergonomic tools
- Prepare, identify, and select engineering, administrative, and work practice controls/ergonomic solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to use upper extremity and low back ergonomic assessment tools in multiple industrial and manufacturing environments
- Apply to become a Certified Industrial Ergonomic Evaluator by obtaining a CIEE Certification
We are an approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Approved provider status demonstrates our commitment to meeting established AOTA criteria and guidelines for the development and delivery of quality education activities. Organizations that are AOTA Approved Providers have demonstrated a strong commitment in meeting the needs of occupational therapists and assistants in regards to ongoing learning and professional development.
We are recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer training courses to certified athletic trainers. Every course we offer is approved for continuing education units (CEUs) as defined by the BOC for certified athletic trainers. Our BOC approved provider number is P3880.
For your convenience, we have obtained physical therapy approval in many of the 50 states. If your state does not have approval at the time of your course purchase, we will get approval in your state for your chosen course. Please contact us for a full and current list of approved states!