Vision and lighting are important components of an ergonomists evaluation of work station ergonomic risk. We have enhanced our standard office ergonomic course to include a vision component for ergonomic professionals who want to know more about how vision is evaluated, risk is determined, and solutions are implemented. This course is our standard office ergonomic course with an extra hour of content specifically related to how vision effects ergonomics.
Our Office and Vision Ergonomic Evaluator Training Course is designed for professionals who are interested in implementing or expanding their knowledge in the field of office ergonomic evaluations with a higher vision related component. Following the completion of this one-day online streaming training program, you will be able to analyze and identify common office and vision ergonomic risk factors and ultimately reduce these factors through the implementation of appropriate controls. The course will demonstrate and teach evaluation techniques and discuss how to implement a company wide office ergonomics program, how to evaluate ergonomic risk and vision related risk for the general ergonomic professional.
This course will provide detailed and hands-on instructions of commonly used office and vision ergonomic screening and assessment tools designed to identify high risk activities, rank multiple jobs for the need for ergonomic revisions, and provide direction for selection of office ergonomic solutions. Common upper extremity and vision ergonomic related disorders will be discussed with a focus on causative factors and reducing risk factors. The course will consist of hands-on use of office and vision ergonomic assessment tools using actual work stations culminating in discussion of office and vision related ergonomic recommendations.
- Identify and perform current office ergonomic evaluation tools
- Differentiate common office ergonomic assessment tools and their benefits
- Identify common computer ergonomic risk factors and solutions
- Identify/select basic methods of implementing ergonomic workstation solutions
- Select appropriate engineering and administrative controls to reduce risk factors
- Develop and implement a full injury reduction program
- Perform a full office work station ergonomic analysis and present findings to classmates
- Apply to become a Certified Office Ergonomic Evaluator by obtaining a COEE Certification